the great commission:
"Go, therefore, and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, teaching them to observe everything I have commanded you. And remember, I am with you always, to the end of the age.”
The Great Commandment:
"Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind. This is the first and greatest commandment. And the second is like it: Love your neighbor as yourself."Matthew 22:36-40
the Church of the cross exists to...
- Celebrate God's Presence - (Matthew 4:10; John 4:23-24; Psalms 122:1)
- Assimilate God's Family - (Acts 2:42; Galatians 6:10, Romans 12:3-8; Ephesians 2:19-22)
- Communicate God's Word - (Acts 1:8; Matthew 24:14; 2 Peter 3:9)
- Demonstrate God's Love - (John 13:34-35; 1 Cor. 12; Matthew 25:34-40; 1 John 3:16-17)
- Educate God's People - (Hebrews 6:1; Ephesians 4:11-13; 2 Peter 3:18)
We are a purpose-driven church
To attract and win people to Christ, developing them to Christlike maturity through the power of the Holy Spirit for a meaningful ministry in the church and a life mission in the world in each stage of their lives.
Changed lives. We desire to bring people in, build them up, train them for service, and send them out!
"I will build my church, and all the powers of hell will not conquer it."Matthew 16:18
"And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to His purpose."Romans 8:28
- "Love God with all your heart, soul and mind" - Worship
- "Love your neighbor as yourself" - Ministry
- "Go make disciples of all the nations..." - Evangelism
- "...Baptizing them." - Fellowship
- "Teach them to observe my commandments." - Discipleship